In our technology-obsessed, groupthink-culture, it is easy to lose one’s sense of humanity. We live in a world where iphones and online interactions have replaced personal, face-to-face conversations. We also live in a callous, fast-paced society that can easily leave many people behind.
If we’re not careful, we can lose a sense of who we are and what really matters. We have to be intentional about maintaining our humanity and sanity in a world which seems to be intent on taking those things from us. Listed below are 12 things to help you do this:
1. Take a walk outside and enjoy nature.
2. Take a break from your phone, social media, and all electronic devices.
3. Spend time with your family.
4. Spend time worshipping God by praying, reading the Bible, or attending a church service.
5. Listen to or play music.
6. Think original thoughts.
7. Let go of bitterness and forgive those who have wronged you.
8. Take a hot bath and read a book.
9. Drink a cup of hot cocoa or have some milk and cookies.
10. Schedule some downtime where you simply relax and do nothing.
11. Enjoy a good laugh with friends.
12. Write a poem.